Community Forum

my emails are being deleted from my inbox.How do I stop that from happening

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: my emails are being deleted from my inbox.How do I stop that from happening

I'm going to report your post to see if we can get some follow-up via the forum admins.

Regular Visitor

This has happened to me as well - I am self employed and have saved emails with invoices, contacts, important info since 2006 - All of my emails prior to July of 2017 have been wiped out - was on phone with xfinity for over three hours - issue escalated - told things would be fixed in two-hours.  That was Monday it's now Friday - Have made several calls, more hours, promised techs are working on should take 48 to 72-hours. It's gone beyond that time frame and I have recieved no comunications from techs working on issue.  Dissapointed in Xfinity.  Getting ready to make fourth call.

Expert

Do you have another device like a smartphone or tablet with the account enabled on it using POP3? If so it may be downloading and then deleting the messages from the server. Check all the settings in it to see if that's what's going on.

New Poster

my emails are being deleted from my inbox.How do I stop that from happening

the emails cotinue to be deleted from my inbox.  I do not want them deleted