Community Forum

modem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

modem

i am using technicolor 8305 c moden. i need to nreplace it. is a good option the nightawk ac1900 from netgear?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: modem

I have a Nighthawk 7000 which is AC1900 and I think it's great. But it should be noted it is about a three year old model now.

I would buy a newer and higher end version.

FYI the Nighthawk is a router not a modem. You would still need to buy a modem or rent one from Comcast.
New Poster

very helpfull, thanks. any recomendation to upgrade my technicolor 8305c?. I am a comcast suscriber, i am supost to get 200 mbps, but my internet is very slow.

Expert

Do you also have and wish to continue using their phone service ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes
Gold Problem Solver

If your internet is slow, you could always have Comcast sent a tech out to investigate. It could easily be a wiring or connection issue.

jabalto wrote:

very helpfull, thanks. any recomendation to upgrade my technicolor 8305c?. I am a comcast suscriber, i am supost to get 200 mbps, but my internet is very slow.

Expert

That router doesn't support phone service. You would need to use a combo cable modem / eMTA with it or put the 8305 in to bridge mode and use a router with it. It will still support the phone service in bridge mode.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!