Community Forum

internet dropping out several times daily. crazy logs

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

internet dropping out several times daily. crazy logs

seems to have started since the outage.. i think similar to the other things people have been posting on here. my logs and signals were good too beforehand but things have gone haywire since with a lot of things in the event log as well. here are the recent pics of the signals and the event log. i had last manually reset my modem about 24 hours ago and since then it''s dropped out several times since. its pretty bad at times my connection. the errors are mentioning upstream issues. my downstream seems to very off as well. the power on all channels seems to be fluctuating all over the place as well. the only thing that seems to be normal is the SNR for the download. either way it's quite bad the worst my internet has ever been since living at my place. I would really appreciate help Thanks
signals #1.PNG
signals #2.PNG
Frequent Visitor

Re: internet dropping out several times daily. crazy logs

update: being on worked on at the moment by a tech
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

modem randomly losing connection daily

i'm looking to change the support from the reddit page to this one as the support doesn't start until 430pm over there. i am hoping to resolve this as soon as possible. multiple posts aren't liked of course i understand. i would like this to be my thread moving forward So since the outage of 6/29 things have been very flaky. modem runs great for a good while and then randomly will lose the connection. and when the internet goes out the tv signal has all sorts of weird behavior. it seems they mess with each other in a way. i had tried without a splitter and the modem still does the same thing. in the logs which i can post if i get a response, there are a lot of t3 and t4 errors including a message saying 16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 0, 1 or 2. sounds like a major error. reading on that and the other errors it sounds like a major noise issue or something with cmts or rf or something along those lines. Another note as well, last night the internet went out at 10:47pm and also around 1:20am. Both times it went out for a minute or two then picked up the signal again. Would love to get this fixed asap. a tech came out on the 2nd of july and nothing was fixed then either. only a physical wire check was done but i don't think much more was done.
Frequent Visitor

random disconnects and fluctuating signal numbers, event log errors

hoping to have the issue resolved.  first i'll mention i did have a tech visit and nothing was found here.  cables looked to be in good shape the tech said.  that is all he tested from what he told me.  my modem is randomly losing the signal and picking it back up.  performance on the internet also seems a little flaky.  seeing some ping issues and just sluggish performance on my pc and ps4 at times.  seemed to start happening a few weeks ago.  before the issues occured my downstream power was normally at 4 dBmV.  since the issues it seems to fluctuate anywhere between 1 and 4.  the SNR is about the same though.  the upstream seems to fluctuate as well though i don't know how much the difference is there.  the logs for the modem are saying something.  noise issue?  i will post the pictures in here.  

here are the signals with correctables and uncorrectables climbing up quickly:  

https://imgur.com/a/5VTdgNo

and here are the event logs:

https://imgur.com/a/TlNeJ2I