Community Forum

how do you get your comcast email contacts into People app on Windows 10. I got my mail but contacts didn't sync

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: how do you get your comcast email contacts into People app on Windows 10. I got my mail but contacts didn't sync

Ok, here's where things get more strange. I haven't looked at my address book on Comcast.com for long time. After writing the initial post here, I thought of importing the address book file but realized my address book looked nothing like it really looks. It's correct on my apple devices but some addresses on Comcast are 10 years old and long deleted. This totally baffled me. How can it not be the same? My contacts are coming from Comcast to my IOS devices correctly. I'm afraid exporting my address book would give me garbage. I read something on Comcast about some problem with address books syncing with the universal email whatever that means. Post was from 2012.

I've never had trouble syncing contacts until win 10.
Expert

Re: how do you get your comcast email contacts into People app on Windows 10. I got my mail but contacts didn't sync

First, you need to export a copy of your Comcast contacts to your computer as a .csv file.  From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>Address Book>>>>>>>Export All.  Then just click on Export, and it will save it to whatever you have set up as your default download loation.  Once that is done, you would open your Outlook.com account, and open the People App.  Then click on Start Import.  From ther follow the prompts to upload the csv file and that's it.

Regular Visitor

how do you get your comcast email contacts into People app on Windows 10. I got my mail but contacts didn't sync

I just got a new computer with Windows 10. I am befuddled by the changes. I managed to get my email from comcast.net in "MAIL" but my contacts from comcast.net did not sync to the "PEOPLE" app and I have no idea how to make this happen. I'm guessing I have to add the account in PEOPLE settings. If this is so, please guide me through what I do. I have never understand outgoing servers and incoming servers and IMAP and POP, so I need detailed help if that's what I have to do. Thanks!