Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

how do you export contacts from i cloud back to comcast

Regular Visitor

how do you export contacts from i cloud back to comcast

I have been reading the forums to find help and came across an answer to someone's question that said,

you should not rely on i cloud to back up your contacts and need to export your contacts from i cloud to comcast.

This all began because my contacts would not sync from comcast to Windows 10. I ended up getting my contacts synced from icloud. I realized then that I need to do something to make my Comast address book current because it is so out of date that if something happened to my contacts in icloud, I would be up the creek with no paddle. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to make my Comcast address book match my icloud email contacts? I find this all very confusing since whenever I set up a new IOS device, I only put in my comcast email address and it all looks great. It wasn't until I got this new computer that I realized the comcast address book was very dated when it was suggested I export my Comcast address book to my computer. I saw my husband's email was still bellsouth.net and we've had comcast.net for over 7 years!!Many deleted contacts still there and many new ones not there. I hope this makes sense to someone.

Email Expert

Re: how do you export contacts from i cloud back to comcast

It appears that the only way to export contacts from iCloud accounts is to export them using the vCard format.  Take a look at this from Apple help---------------

https://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mmfba748b2

Once you have them back on your computer you could import them into the Comcast account.  It supposedly supports vCard, although I've never tried it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for finding that. Hope it's not too hard. You'd think there'd be more people than me with this issue. Guess I need to use another email like outlook. Would that solve this going forward after I correct address book on Comcast?

Email Expert

At the risk of going off-topic, I'll make some comments to your question about using another email service;

1)  A lot of the regulars in this forum, including myself, will recommend that you not use your ISP's email account as your main email action for anything really important, and especially for anything you want to keep for a long time.  There is always the risk that you will discontinue service for any number of reasons, and then you are stuck with the dilema of how to migrate all your stuff to another email provider.  This sentiment is nothing peculiar to Comcast-----it applies to any ISP, for all the same reasons.

2)  For anything important, and if you want to stick with one of the free email providers, Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo are about the best choices based on my experience and the research I have done on the subject.  I have a Gmail account I use for friends and family.  But my @MSN and Yahoo accounts I've had for over 15 years with no major problems other than being spoofed a couple of times.

3) As basic email webmail accounts go, Comcast is actually one of the better ones in terms of bells and whistles (when everything works right).    They have a couple of features that some of the free accounts don't have.  You mention iCloud, and I have two accounts with them because I am a Mac user.  But their email is really, really basic in terms of features. Understand that here in the forums all you see is the people who are having problems with their email.  You never hear from the vast majority of Comcast subscribers who never have any kind of a major issue with the email.   But then I can say the same thing about any email provider you can name.

Hopefully I've been of some help with making your decision, but it will depend on your email situation as to how to proceed.

ETA:  A couple of options you might consider------if you want to go with an Outlook.com or Gmail account, they both offer the option to fetch emails from your Comcast account, and even send from them using the Comcast email address.  OR------you can set up your Comcast account to auto-forward your emails to the other account.  You have options here if you take the time to explore the possiblilites.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation