Community Forum

how do i turn off iphone hotspot

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: how do i turn off iphone hotspot

I prefer not to assume.

Expert

mpocha wrote:

Even though I have personal hot spot turned off, I'm still able to connect with my computer. Want to turn it off so I don't accidentally connect.

On your iPhone, go to Settings | Personal Hotspot 

and you can turn it off from there. 

Otherwise, you'll have to delete your iPhone USB network connection from your list of devices on your computer.

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

If you are referring to the additional *public* WiFi hotspot broadcast;

The xfinitywifi public hotspot can be disabled from your online account page.

To turn off the public hotspot, go to https://customer.xfinity.com/WifiHotspot/

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that even if that page shows it disabled, sometimes you need to enable it, wait a bit then disable it again to get the public wifi to shut off..

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

New Poster

how do i turn off iphone hotspot

Even though I have personal hot spot turned off, I'm still able to connect with my computer. Want to turn it off so I don't accidentally connect.