Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

how do i delete a large number of emails

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

how do i delete a large number of emails

I discovered that my comcast email has 19,000+ emails in the inbox! I would like to delete ALL of them, but only seem to be able to delete batches of 50 at a time. Does anyone know how to delete more emails at a time? Thanks.

Expert

Re: how do i delete a large number of emails

Select the Inbox folder and then click on the "hamburger to the right of it.  That will open a menu and one of the options you will see is "Delete all messages"

Regular Contributor

Latoque wrote:

Select the Inbox folder and then click on the "hamburger to the right of it.  That will open a menu and one of the options you will see is "Delete all messages"

As someone with several thousand heretofor "unrevoverable" previously deleted zombie emails ressurected by this new mail software release,  this ALSO would delete those tens of messages I wish to keep.

Expert

Depending on how many you want to keep, move them to a temporary folder then do the Inbox delete.  Otherwise, you would need to delete the ones you don't want in whatever groups they appear in on the list.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately with well over 10.000 ressurected emails moving them is limited to a couple hundred at a time asemail stalls at that point.  Might just as well move the couple hundred to trash and later do the mass delete from there.  Have been at this for days.

What a joke.  Comcast tells people "No we can't get your old deleted emails back."  And then, viola, over 10 YEARS of deleted emails are back.  Somebody has no clue how to manage their server space.

New Poster

Thank you for your response. I had tried that, but it did not work. However, after doing it a number of times, it seems to have finally cleared the inbox folder.

Regular Contributor

Still have thousands more zombie emails to delete.
It's one thing to screw up so badly that decades of supposedly deleted and lost forever emails come back from the dead, but worse yet to offer no efficient way to delete them except a laborious process.  Into 2nd week deleting with no end in sight.