Community Forum

how do I change the wifi network that my xfinity wireless tv device connects to?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: how do I change the wifi network that my xfinity wireless tv device connects to?

You would have to factory reset the xi5 to see that screen but it will only connect to the Comcast gateway, if you're having wireless issues with that box it's too far away from the gateway. It only uses the 5G band so distance could be a factor.

Frequent Visitor

Re: how do I change the wifi network that my xfinity wireless tv device connects to?

You can always unplug and plug it back into pwr. Your Xi5 should be searching for the gateway... but if it's on bridge mode, then I don't think it'll be able to connect at all.
Diamond Problem Solver

You could try using a WiFi repeater / range extender. Google for info. 

New Poster

Thank you for the answer but I don't think that's accurate because, within a day after a Comcast tech installed all of my boxes (I switched to Comcast recently) the bedroom wireless box would not connect to the web. Then the tv gave me a message about connecting to a wireless network, I clicked on it, and then it showed me all the wireless networks available in my house. I chose the one I thought (at the time) would be stronger--which was my Apple Extreme Router signal--and chose that one. And it is still connected to that. So there must be a way to access that screen again. But perhaps your signal has to fail or something before that screen is accessible?

Frequent Visitor

The wireless cable box will only pair up to the 5GHz wireless band from you're Comcast modem. You can't select the wifi preference on the box itself... they don't work like the Roku, Chomecast, Amazon Fire sticks.
New Poster

how do I change the wifi network that my xfinity wireless tv device connects to?

I have a weak signal that my bedroom wireless tv box connects to, but I have three different wifi signals available that I could choose from--how do I change the wifi network that this box connects to? Right now in settings it shows the network name, but it doesn't allow me to click on it and change it. If I could look for the strongest signal of the three, that might solve my signal problem