Community Forum

forwarding email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

forwarding email

Just recently when I forward an email, it disappears from my inbox. It doesn't end up in the trash....I can't find it anywhere. 

Thank you!

Expert

Re: forwarding email

How are you accessing the email?  With only the webmail interface in a browser?  Or in a desktop client or what?  I am unable to duplicate this behavior using the webmail UI.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I mostly use the web version in Chrome. I have it also in OUtlook, but very rarely use that one. I just tried forwarding from that and the original email didn't go away. Seems to be only happening in the web version. Thank you!

Expert

I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  I've not encountered this before.  There is nothing in your settings that could account for such a phenomena.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Hi, Diane_powell - My apologies for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, do you have your emails sorted as Conversations? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.