Community Forum

failed email logon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: failed email logon

I know this has already been reported - but - I thought I would share it with the other users until Comcast can get it fixed   When I click on the sign-in box from the Comcast home page, the logon box comes up and then disappears and the only thing on the screen is a advertisement.  Norton/Symantec is the tech that figured out what has happening.  I have Windows 8 and EI 11.0.9600.18053.  If this happens to you, all you need to do is click on the back button and the advertisement disappears and the logon screen re-appears.  It only happens when the Fry's add for football comes up.  The logons screen works fine with other advertisements. 

FrysAd.JPG
Regular Visitor

Re: ... failed email logon ...

Changing the password has no effect on the problem.

Each of us have our own computers and do not log on using the the others.

The problem seems to be that Comcast looks at who last logged in from a specific IP address (which of course we both use), and expects that person to be the one to log in again, which seems to be the problem when I attempt to log in.

Another thought that I had was that the account that my wife uses is the 'Primary email account' and this may also be a factor as when I use another IP address, the problem does not exist.

I am also wondering if others who have multiple computers using a switch router have the same problem, or, is it just us?????

Expert

Re: ... failed email logon ...

I would reset the password and see if that cures it.  Go to the Comcast home page, look down on the left side of the screen under "Customer Support>>>Quick Links".

Regular Visitor

... failed email logon ...

When I try to  log in, many times the following verbage appears instead of logging me in:

"Sign-in with your Comcast Username

The username and password entered do not match. Please try again.
Email or username The username and password entered do not match. Please re-enter username.

otheruser@comcast.net

Not you? Sign in as a different person

Don't know your email or username?
Password The username and password entered do not match. Please re-enter password."

I have to select "Sign in as a different person" and then re-login.

If I am logging is as ME, with the correct password, why must I login twice?

Dave Stringer

Problem Solver

Re: failed email logon

Not exactly clear on what is happening here.  I am assuming that there are more than 2 email addresses.  You seem to have more than one computer but when you use another computer, you are not able to log in?  The computer will usually "remember" the last person using it and will display their log in, but you shoul be able to change that.  Are you signing into Xfinity Connect?

Regular Visitor

failed email logon

When my wife signs in, I sign in under my user name and the system refuses to accept my login at another computer and wants me to log in as her or as another user each and every time.  Why can't I sign as myself once and not need to go through these acrobatics?