Community Forum

facebook e-mail

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

facebook e-mail

My FB was hacked and they changed my comast e-mail address.   When I try to reset my password, the 6 digit code is never received by me!   They changed the address to ******@e***********.com    and mine ends in .net and there is no e after the "@".   Needless to say, I am so frustrated.   I am still receiving all of my e-mails from friends, stores, etc, so I know my e-mail is working.   The code is just going somewhere else.   Should I just set up a new comcast account and then a new FB account?   I'm just wondering if it is just a matter of time before they hack into my e-mail account.

Expert

Re: facebook e-mail

Stotz32 wrote:

My FB was hacked and they changed my comast e-mail address.   When I try to reset my password, the 6 digit code is never received by me!   They changed the address to ******@e***********.com    and mine ends in .net and there is no e after the "@".   Needless to say, I am so frustrated.   I am still receiving all of my e-mails from friends, stores, etc, so I know my e-mail is working.   The code is just going somewhere else.   Should I just set up a new comcast account and then a new FB account?   I'm just wondering if it is just a matter of time before they hack into my e-mail account.

Have you asked Facebook support about this?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: facebook e-mail

FB doesn't seem to talk directly to their customers.  I have e-mailed back and forth with them.  They refer to several online links to help remedy the situation.  However, there is nothing online that tells you what to do if your e-mail was changed and you can't receive the code!