Community Forum

email format

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

email format

<edited>, Customer Service at Comcast,

The recent format change to my email was not autorized by me and is unacceptable.  I did not agree to the change.  My saved folders are now empty.  If I have attachments from my bank, the only thing I can open is their logo, the message cannnot be accessed.

And, what is up with just the icons to either forward a message or anything else?  I can READ.  I speak English.

I have been on the phone the last 2 days since the change trying to get my email to work the way it use to.  That's 4 hours out of my time on the phone. and still the problem is not solved.  Several times I have been deconnected after being on hold anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour.  Do you know how frustrating that is?  Especially when Comcast called me!

I want the former format (before Sunday (8/12/18) back.  the "new" format is NOT easier.  It doesn't let me do things faster when I don't even get the messages!!

Expert

Re: email format

Once you have been migrated to the new format, there is no way to revert to the old one.  Other email providers have also moved to a more modernistic, simplified look because of the wide use of mobile devices with smaller screens to access the email.  The new format has been in foll0out for over two years now.  You are among the last small percentage to be migrated.  That said, if any of your folders are empty, you can call Comcast security and see if they can recover the contents for you------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

If you still don't like the new format-----------

You have options:

1) Enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail (Windows 10) or some other. That way you can access your account and don't have to look at the Comcast UI. There are a lot of other advantages using a client over only webmail anyway.

2) Set the account to auto-forward to some other, non-Comcast, account you have like Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, Mail.com or some other.

3) Some webmail providers now give you the ability to set up external accounts and use their interface. Notable examples would be Gmail, Outlook.com, and Mail.com. Comcast webmail now has this feature as well.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

@45521138G

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the new email format. 

I'd like to help solve the issues it appears you are having while accessing your saved mails and viewing some of your mails as well. 

I've had my team do some initial investigations, but could you help us by telling us how exactly you are accessing your email?

Are you accessing the Xfinity Connect website via a computer or via a mobile device?

If so what browser/device are you using?

Are you using the Xfinity Connect App for a phone and if so, which device?

Any information you can provide would be helpful in trying to resolve this for you.

@45521138G wrote:

Tom Karinshak/Exectutive Vice President, Customer Service at Comcast,

The recent format change to my email was not autorized by me and is unacceptable.  I did not agree to the change.  My saved folders are now empty.  If I have attachments from my bank, the only thing I can open is their logo, the message cannnot be accessed.

And, what is up with just the icons to either forward a message or anything else?  I can READ.  I speak English.

I have been on the phone the last 2 days since the change trying to get my email to work the way it use to.  That's 4 hours out of my time on the phone. and still the problem is not solved.  Several times I have been deconnected after being on hold anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour.  Do you know how frustrating that is?  Especially when Comcast called me!

I want the former format (before Sunday (8/12/18) back.  the "new" format is NOT easier.  It doesn't let me do things faster when I don't even get the messages!!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

ALSO WHEN ACCESSING NEW PLATFORM SAYS NOT CONNECT.  THEN I GET ERROR 10A.  THEN REFRESH.  THEN IT WORKS.  I WANT MY OLD FORMAT BACK...PERIOD!!!