Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

email attacments

New Poster

email attacments

I can not send ANY attachments!!!! What is the problem. Looking more like i need a expensive pacage. This is getting to be a crock!

Expert

Re: email attacments

Are you using only the webmail interface?  Exactly what happens when you try to attach something to an email?

New Poster

I use the reg web set up on firefox. It shows it loads it and sends it. BUT only the name shows at other end.

Expert

Did the other party click on the name?  What kind of file is it----a PDF, .docx, jpeg or something else?  

Regular Visitor

I am having problems as well since they "upgraded" the comcast email.

Its also slow as mollases

New Poster

I sent jpg to zip.. nothing comes but the name. Ive gone to useing google mail. There not messed up.

Expert

rmd11 wrote:

I sent jpg to zip.. nothing comes but the name. Ive gone to useing google mail. There not messed up.

If you are sending a zip file, all that will show up at the other end is the name of the file.  Does the other party have a utility on their computer to decompress it and open it?  How big is this photo?  

New Poster

Yes they do. Ive used the same pic off google. No problem there. This all started after there change.

Expert

Does it work OK if you try sending it to some other email address you have like Yahoo or Gmail?

New Poster

Are you a bot???????

Expert

No, I'm not.  I asked that question for a reason.  I have the new format and I cannot duplicate what you are describing.  I can send a zip file just fine and it looks as it should at the receiving end---it shows a link to the file for downloading to the computer.

New Poster

Well you DIDNT read the post. Where i said i sent same pic from google.

Expert

NO.  I asked if works if you send to a Gmail or Yahoo account--------not from them.  Does it work if you send TO a Gmail or other account you have?

New Poster

No i can send from there. Nothing shows but the name. When i try sending it to google

Expert

OK, what happens if you double-click on that name in the destination email?  Anything?  Or right-click on it and then select "Open" from any menu that appears?