Community Forum

e-mails

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

e-mails

I recently changed internet provider, but still use Comcast for my email.  Both provider and Comcast said that I could.  Comcast had an outage yesterday and when it came back up all my folders and emails were gone.  I receiving emails now and after numerous chats and calls I still can't get them.  Any suggestions.  I have rebooted, deleted cookies, just everything they tell me.  I was told they refreshed my emails, but still nothing.  Very disappointed!

Expert

Re: e-mails

Are you sure they are not just "nested"?  Look to the left of any folders you can see for a small black arrowhead.  Click on those and see if the missing folders appear.  If it's not that, post back.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Nothing.   When I click on the arrow it tries to make a new folder.  

Expert

OK I can't see what you are looking at.  You clicked on the arrowhead next to what?  If it was next to a folder it should display any sub-folders.  Can you post a screenshot of what you see?  Minus any email addresses.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

After my email restarted after being down for a few hours, there was not one email or folder.   As email were received shortly afterwards it was like starting over with a brand new email.  There were no folders or previous emails in my inbox.  Absolutely nothing.   I started chatting and made a few calls to customer services.  Nothing they suggested did anything.  One lady told me to call my new internet provided to send a signal because it would be in my modem.  I had been a customer for over twenty years and all I wanted was to get my folders with save email and my email that were in my inbox back.  One guy told me they were deleted.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000200 EndHTML:000545409 StartFragment:000545114 EndFragment:000545285 StartSelection:000545114 EndSelection:000545285 SourceURL:https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/ XFINITY Connect

Expert

Then the only thing I can do is escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.

Official Employee

Hello candicefraker. I can assist in getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you so our team can look into getting this missing folders issue fixed for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Not sure what happened, but I got folders and emails back.   The emails came in first and then the folders showed up.  It was about a week after they first went away.  So thankful to have them back.