Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

e-mail group

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

e-mail group

Can I copy and paste web addresses from e-mail to a user group?

Expert

Re: e-mail group

Do you mean you want to copy and paste email addresses from the header of a message someone sent to you?  Or did you want to copy a URL to paste into a message or what?

Regular Visitor

The only way I know to add contacts to a user group is by dragging and dropping from my address book.  Now I want to create a user group of persons who are NOT in my address book. Can I copy and paste from other sources (addresses in e-mails, e-mail text, other software such as Word or Excel) without having to type all information into the address book?

Expert

mrt6 wrote:

The only way I know to add contacts to a user group is by dragging and dropping from my address book.  Now I want to create a user group of persons who are NOT in my address book. Can I copy and paste from other sources (addresses in e-mails, e-mail text, other software such as Word or Excel) without having to type all information into the address book?

Then I have to say no.  Groups are based on contacts in the address book.  You can copy and paste email addresses from some sources and paste them into the To: Cc: or Bcc: fields though.  I'm on a Mac and I can do that from Pages documents.  You might try using MS Word and see if that works for you.  Make sure the contacts are separated by a comma.