Community Forum

e-mail error 0x800CCC78

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: e-mail error 0x800CCC78

steve-baker, thanks you're correct:

Under "Servers" tab (2nd one), the last box under, " Outgoing Mail Server"  - check "My server requires authentication"  I click the "settings" button and then I click on "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" and it worked!

Thank you again!

Bronze Problem Solver

Again wrote:

CCCarole wrote:

jmhighrr wrote:

I cannot send out e-mails today.  The server rejects sender's e-mail address, Server Response: '550 5.10 Authentication required', Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78.

What happened?  How can I send e-mails?

What are you using for email?  Please check the email client recommended settings against those in this clickable link

0x800CCC78

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'email_address@someISP.net'. Subject 'subject_line', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 Authentication required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

You are either connected to the internet through a different ISP or your Comcast IP address is not currently being recognized by the Comcast SMTP server. The system should correct this issue automatically or you can enable outgoing email authentication. This setting can remain enabled if you are on the Comcast network and you will experience no adverse effects with your email.

It's extremely unlikely that that's the problem, although enabling authentiction will fix the OP's problem. Their problem is almost certainly that they're using ports 587 or 465, which require authentication. To the OP, enable "my server requires authentication" or something like that, not Secure Password Authentication.

Highlighted
Expert

CCCarole wrote:

jmhighrr wrote:

I cannot send out e-mails today.  The server rejects sender's e-mail address, Server Response: '550 5.10 Authentication required', Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78.

What are you using for email?  Please check the email client recommended settings against those in this clickable link

0x800CCC78

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'email_address@someISP.net'. Subject 'subject_line', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 Authentication required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

You are either connected to the internet through a different ISP or your Comcast IP address is not currently being recognized by the Comcast SMTP server. The system should correct this issue automatically or you can enable outgoing email authentication. This setting can remain enabled if you are on the Comcast network and you will experience no adverse effects with your email.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Gold Problem Solver

jmhighrr wrote:

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

e-mail error 0x800CCC78

What happended?  How can I send e-mails?