Community Forum

drop wifi

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: drop wifi

@larrycornutt wrote:

Back to problem, it seems that the lan is not affected but most of my conections are wifi and arranged around the house with all having the same problems but not all at the same time as far as I can tell.

Are you saying that your hardwired "LAN" devices are not affected but only the WiFi devices are ? If so,  

here are some tips for improving WiFi performance;

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Improve-Your-Wireless-Gateway-Home-Network/td-p/26276...

Expert

Re: drop wifi

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

drop wifi

I am running the CISCO DPC3941 and having problems of service drops while streaming.

WIFI stats show connected with problems.

Have called customer service and while problem was not rectified I was offered an upgrade of service. The agent said that a service rep would be here last Saturday and gave me a number with the understanding he would email all the info to me. Neither showed, go figure. Back to problem, it seems that the lan is not affected but most of my conections are wifi and arranged around the house with all having the same problems but not all at the same time as far as I can tell. I would be grateful for any info on starting points and procedures to correct.

Thank You