Community Forum

downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

WELL NOW WHAT?

Frequent Visitor

IT IS TELLING ME TO UNINSTALL OLD NORTON PROTECTION,BUT NOT HOW TO UNINSTALL

ssimmons111 wrote:

when i try to download norton it will not let me it show that the web site is lock

HI,

Assuming you are a new user, please see this Norton Security Suite FAQ for instructions for initial installation.

New Poster

when i try to download norton it will not let me it show that the web site is lock

Highlighted
Moved:

Regular Visitor

Can you download this security to a tablet?
Contributor

ritjam,

Thank you for posting. Tipically the NSS download does not require a system restart, so you may be refering to a post installation restart and for some reason the system may be stuck in a loop. One way to verify that the download has completed is by looking in your Downlods forlder for a Setup.exe with the N (Norton) icon. Look for that and run the setup file to confirm the installation works, thus there will not be a need to re-dowload.

If the setup process ran correctly after download and the system is stuck in a loop, you may need to clean up the system and try again. Please use our Norton Removal Tool to clean up the system:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080828154508EN_EndUs...

Once removed, you may go back to your Downloads folder and re-use the same Setup.exe to reinstall NSS. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

New Poster

downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

hi, im trying to download the norton suite with my comcast subscription an it gets to the point where it asks me to restart my computer system t finish the download, so i restart it, but it dosnt download, and that same popup pups up again asking to restart my computer. i restarted my system at least 10 times since it asked me. how can i fix this and actually download the norton suite?