Community Forum

deleting an external email account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

deleting an external email account

I'm trying to set up an second email that is external to comcast/xfinity. I keep getting this error message, but absolutely no information on how to do what it asks. Is there a way to delete the file I started, and start over?xfinity.jpg

Expert

Re: deleting an external email account

Navigate back to the page where you created the account.  At the right end of the account do you see a trash can icon?  That feature has always been gamey in the old email format.  I've never gotten it to work right with any account except one Gmail account I have.  The new format is going to have the same ability to add eternal accounts, but we don't know when yet.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: deleting an external email account

Latoque wrote: ... The new format is going to have the same ability to add eternal accounts, but we don't know when yet.

Open-Xchange "Appsuite" ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") v7.8.4-1.0.0-22 has it, see https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/apps/faq/index.html#importEmail.