Community Forum

deleted e-mails

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: deleted e-mails

This is horrifying. Many important e-mails especially from by "Sent" Folder have been deleted often within 2 or 3 days. None of my other e-mail Hosts do this. Today when I tried to retrieve e-mail exchanges that now would be needed in litigation (from 5-6 months ago to date) none of them were findable.

1.Are they gone forever???

2.Why does this seem to occur most (100%) of the time with my Sent E-mail Folder and not often at all with my Inbox/Received e-mails?

The default should be "Everything to be Saved on server AND on Customer's E-mail page".

Anything I can do to retrieve e-mails already Deleted by the Comcast set-up defaults?

Thanks, but very unhappy about this.

New Poster

thank you, I think I understand those two types of email accounts/ My problem is that messages in my inbox seem to be disappearing by themselves, without my deleting them in the first place. Is there anyway that can happen? Very annoying. 

Gold Problem Solver

If you use any email programs or mobile devices configured with the POP protocol to check your mail, make sure NONE of these are set to delete messages from the mail server. The "Email Deletion Schedule" settings in Xfinity Connect do not protect messages from being removed by email programs or mobile devices.

In advanced settings, look for "leave a copy on the server", or "delete after xx days", or similar. Or change the program or device to the IMAP protocol.

ETA: You may be able to find the missing messages using "Recover Deleted Items" by right-clicking the Trash icon in Xfinity Connect.

New Poster

deleted e-mails

I have notice that e-mails in my Comcast inbox which I have wanted to keep disappear frequently. One e-mail that "dropped off" was sent as recently as 2 weeks ago. My personal settings indicate that the e-mails should remain indefinitely in my inbox.  I never find them in my Trash and they do not come up when I do a search.  What's the problem?  Thanks!