Community Forum

delete email account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

delete email account

How do I delete my an old email account that I no longer subscribe too?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: delete email account

kaufman42 wrote:

How do I delete my an old email account that I no longer subscribe too?

What do you mean by "no longer subscribe to"?  Do you mean a username and password that you no longer wish to use and want to delete it?  If yes...

Sign in with your Primary Username/password and click on Account.  This takes you to Customer Central.  Once there click on Users & Settings.  Under Manage My Users Accounts, in the drop down, click on the Username you wish to delete. Now scroll down to the blue link titled 'Suspend or delete account' and click on it to delete that Username and password.

If you need further help, post back.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Thank you, I left Earthlink for comcast. However earthlink mailbox is on comcast list of mailboxes. People emailing me are are getting a notice  saying the email is aborted and has my earthlink account name. 

Gold Problem Solver

kaufman42 wrote:

Thank you, I left Earthlink for comcast. However earthlink mailbox is on comcast list of mailboxes. People emailing me are are getting a notice  saying the email is aborted and has my earthlink account name. 

Are you saying at some point you created an external pop account under the XfinityConnect Email Manager?

That would be here>  Preferences>Email Manager>  If you did, do delete that in the Email Manager as well.

Do give your contacts the email address you wish them to use too.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Poster

That did not work for me. manage my user accounts doesnt exist. Why can i create the account with ease, but i cant delete it?

Expert

bobo45744636673 wrote:

That did not work for me. manage my user accounts doesnt exist. Why can i create the account with ease, but i cant delete it?

It sounds as though your problem is not the same as the original poster's problem.

To delete a Comcast username that you created, you need to scroll to the top of the forums page and click on My Account to access your user accounts.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Make sure you are signed in with the Primary Username and password. Once you get to the Customer Central homepage by clicking on MY Account, click on Users & Settings.  At the top of the page you will see in bold black letters, Manage My User Accounts  You will see a 'drop-down' where you can bring up the username you want to delete.  Below that, you will see this window:

Account settings under Users tab in Customer Central.JPG

Click on suspend/delte account and follow the directions from there.

CC

New Poster

transferring mail from account with another provider

how can I easily inform my att email contacts that my address has changed to comcast

Expert

Re: transferring mail from account with another provider

argo13 wrote:

how can I easily inform my att email contacts that my address has changed to comcast

Go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>>and in the pane that comes up look to the right.  You should see a link that says "Transfer emails and contacts".  Click on that and then follow the step by step procedure there.  One of the options you have is to notify everyone in the old address book of your switch to the Comcast address.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

this doesn't work.  its amazing how these companies and online folks have made simple things so difficult and have left it up to the users/customers to figure it out, and call it customer service.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: transferring mail from account with another provider

See this link:

http://www.trueswitch.com/

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

removed due to email address in post. See NEW thread addressed to you please!

New Poster

Thank you