Community Forum

copy and paste in email compose

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

copy and paste in email compose

How can I block and copy and paste when writing in Comcast email?  It seems primitive without this.

Expert

Re: copy and paste in email compose

How are you trying to copy and paste now?  Works just fine for me.  What are you trying to copy, from where?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Tried contro c, didn't work.  Now copy and paste works.  Why not before?

New Poster

@Latoque wrote:

How are you trying to copy and paste now?  Works just fine for me.  What are you trying to copy, from where?

I am in an e-mail in Xfinity Connect.  Today my attempts to block and copy a portion of the message fails.  It worked for a bit the other day when I wrote back to you.  I want to paste the text into a Word document.  The other day, when this worked briefly for me, I could copy text, but not images.

Expert

@Fetterbrass wrote:

@Latoque wrote:

I am in an e-mail in Xfinity Connect.  Today my attempts to block and copy a portion of the message fails.  It worked for a bit the other day when I wrote back to you.  I want to paste the text into a Word document.  The other day, when this worked briefly for me, I could copy text, but not images.

OK, you need to explain what you mean by "block and copy a portion of the message fails".  Exactly how did it fail?  What happens when you try?  You need to understand that an email program is NOT the same thing as a word processing program like MS Word or Mac Pages.  There is no guarantee that copying something from one will render correctly into the other.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@Fetterbrass  I don't think there is a way to copy protect a selection in webmail.  That's more a function of Word.  Comcast's webmail is not robust like Outlook would be, and since I rarely use Outlook, I'm not sure that Outlook even has that function.  Webmail under residential services is not meant for business purposes so it's pretty much just your every day webmail with a few extra features.