Community Forum

connecting more than one computer to xfinity or is there some other way to connect more computers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

connecting more than one computer to xfinity or is there some other way to connect more computers

Can my main computer be hooked to the modem and less used computers use wireless?

Valued Contributor

Re: connecting more than one computer to xfinity or is there some other way to connect more computer

If you are using one of the comcast issued wireless gateways the XB3 models offer 4 ethernet ports for hardwired computers and the XB6 models have 2 ethernet ports.  Depending on your speedtier the wireless would have no issues supporting 8 or more devices.  

Regular Visitor

Re: connecting more than one computer to xfinity or is there some other way to connect more computer

Thanks - I looked at the modem and it looks like there are 4 connections but I cna't see where the model name is. I had a notice to upgrade my comcast modem so maybe I should check into that. I like to leave things alone when they are working!