Community Forum

comcast email on my iphone

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

comcast email on my iphone

I receive comcast emails on my phone.  I want to be able to temporarily disable receiving emails in order to avoid data charges while traveling abroad.  What's the best way to do this?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: comcast email on my iphone

I would just go into the settings for the Comcast account and disable it.  That way the account will still get incoming messages, but they won't download to the phone until you turn it back on again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you. That was my initial thought, but I wonder if I will get a barrage of all the old and new emails once I turn it back on.
Expert

Yes, you should get any unread emails when you re-enable the account on the phone.  The mail app on a smartphone performs the same function as a desktop email client like Outlook or Mac Mail, Thunderbird, etc.  When you enable the account in any client, it will start downloading any new messages waiting in the account since the last time it was enabled.

Is the account in question a secondary one?  If so, you could also sign into your primary account, click on "My Account" at the top of the landing page,  then on "Users".  That will list any secondary accounts you have.  To the right of the one in question click on "Edit".  You will see the option to Suspend or Remove the account.  If you click on Suspend you will see a dialogue box that says this-----------------------------

"Use this option to deactivate this user temporarily. All Comcast services for this user will be suspended for a 90-day period. You may reactivate the user at any time during this period. If you do not reactivate the account, it will be subject to deletion."

I think that means no messages would be delivered to the account, but I haven't tried it myself.  But you would need to remember to reactivate the account when you get back home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Wow! I think this the answer. I’m going to try setting it up. I’ll let you know if it works. Thank you so much!