Community Forum

columns in email folders

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

columns in email folders

If you've ever used Outlook you know you can rearrange columns, change width, add fields, a lot of different things. I want to make a new column in my archive email folders. For example, in one of my archive folders I save SENT mail. The first column, of course is FROM and of course it's from ME. I want to change that to TO: I know who sent it, I want to be able to see who I sent it to when I'm looking for archived message.  I would also like to change the width of columns in order to perhaps add a field like you can in Outlook. 

Any ideas? 

Expert

Re: columns in email folders

@GayleenB wrote:

If you've ever used Outlook you know you can rearrange columns, change width, add fields, a lot of different things. I want to make a new column in my archive email folders. For example, in one of my archive folders I save SENT mail. The first column, of course is FROM and of course it's from ME. I want to change that to TO: I know who sent it, I want to be able to see who I sent it to when I'm looking for archived message.  I would also like to change the width of columns in order to perhaps add a field like you can in Outlook. 

Any ideas? 

What you are wanting to do isn't possible in webmail.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

So is xfinity comcast email considered webmail? I have business account for my business and it is webmail. 

Expert

@GayleenB wrote:

So is xfinity comcast email considered webmail? I have business account for my business and it is webmail. 

Yes, it's considered webmail, as long as you access it in a web browser.  However, the software that is being used for residential email, Appsuite, is not set up to do what you want it to do.

You might want to try using Thunderbird because it is very similar to the standalone Outlook client and it is free.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you volunteer !

Expert

@GayleenB wrote:

Thank you volunteer !

You're welcome, and good luck!