Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

change to email format

Regular Visitor

change to email format

When did Comcast change the look of its email software?  I have had a recurring problem since September 2017 and want to know if it correlates with their email changes.

New Poster

Re: change to email format

Do not like current email format

Changed without notice?

Expert

okrabiz wrote:

When did Comcast change the look of its email software?  I have had a recurring problem since September 2017 and want to know if it correlates with their email changes.

The new email format has been rolling out for about a year and a half or more and is still ongoing.  What specific problem are you encountering?

Regular Visitor

I have lost (rather Comcast has lost) ALL my emails from the end of March 2017 to the end of August 2017. 

Since September 2, 2017, they have attempted to fix the problem.  (I can show you at least four CR (customer reference) numbers and unfulfilled promises (such as "will call you back within 48 hours). 

Finally, this Monday they left me a message that they could not retrieve the lost emails.  Believe me, each customer service rep has tried, and the problem was escalated (many times) to "Advacned Repairs."  This loss is unacceptable. 

Hope this is not Too Much Information.  However, I have logged all my contacts with Comcast, and plan to file a complaint.

Regular Visitor

I cannot STAND the new IN BOX / EMAIL format on Xfinity. And you cannot adjust it to fit your needs. Such as moving as needed from Alphabetical, Ascending or Descending by Letter A or Z, by date, the Date is at the very end of the information in your in box, I HATE IT, It should be next to who sent the email - I have not found a way to move the inbox to my liking and I was able to do that before! You can't change the order of your mail by Date either, most recent or oldest. I cannot stand this new inbox! HATE IT. NOT USER FRIENDLY. NOT convenient or even common sense, so much of what is readily available and easily changed EVERY OTHER PROVIDERS IN BOX, Is GONE in Xfinity's Email in box. It is now a PAIN IN THE AREA to use. CUMBERSOME. 

Expert

inkared1 wrote:

I cannot STAND the new IN BOX / EMAIL format on Xfinity. And you cannot adjust it to fit your needs. Such as moving as needed from Alphabetical, Ascending or Descending by Letter A or Z, by date, the Date is at the very end of the information in your in box, I HATE IT, It should be next to who sent the email - I have not found a way to move the inbox to my liking and I was able to do that before! You can't change the order of your mail by Date either, most recent or oldest. I cannot stand this new inbox! HATE IT. NOT USER FRIENDLY. NOT convenient or even common sense, so much of what is readily available and easily changed EVERY OTHER PROVIDERS IN BOX, Is GONE in Xfinity's Email in box. It is now a PAIN IN THE AREA to use. CUMBERSOME. 

Did you click on "Sort by" at the top of the message list?  That will display all your sort options, including date.