Community Forum

can not send email - SMTP server asks for pwd even w/use same as incoming is checked

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Contributor

can not send email - SMTP server asks for pwd even w/use same as incoming is checked

Hello My wife's account will not send email, via Windows 10 email, Thunderbird or emClient.  I have set up her machine exactly like my machine, however, when attempting to send email on her computer it seems like the SMTP server doesn't have the right password or maybe doesn't have her username. In Thunderbird, it will ask for a password for smtp.comcast.net whereas, the other apps just fail to send. Checking emClient's error log it gives a message with "The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal..." using port 587, using port 465 it simply fails Again, I've copied exactly the settings I use on my computer in emClient (which I used the instructions from https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email)  this email address has been active for some 20 years as an additional email address to mine. It could be that it was caused when I switched (be grudgingly so) ISPs a few months ago. She doesn't send many emails and the outbox is hidden in Windows 10 Mail so she wouldn't have noticed it, I was trying to forward an email yesterday and when I didn't get it I checked to see why. Can I DM someone at Comcast to have you check her mailbox please? Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you. Jon
Official Employee

Re: can not send email - SMTP server asks for pwd even w/use same as incoming is checked

Jon, 

I'm going to send you a private message to ask about some of the account details.  Please reply via this thread if you're unable to find that PM.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: can not send email - SMTP server asks for pwd even w/use same as incoming is checked

I just want to say THANK YOU.

I appreciate your time and effort in helping resolve this for me. Especially being that I'm not an active customer.