Community Forum

alarm system

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

alarm system

I have had an alarm system in my home for 25 years. I have always had phone service through Century Link, Qwest or whoever owned them at the time. This was in land line form.The alarm system always grabbed the line first to alert the monitoring company and service. I have had Comcast for about 4-5 months now, but since it is an internet type of line, accessed through my modem I don't think it is doing the same as the land line did. In other words the alarm system sets through the pad as if it is active but I think it is only local and not being monitored now. Is there a solution to this problem?

Official Employee

Re: alarm system

If you’re not sure, call your alarm company and have them remotely test your system. They’ll know if your system is getting dial tone or not. Is your phone line out of the modem back feeding out to a wall jack or is a phone plugged directly into it
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!