Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

add person to an existing group

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

add person to an existing group

How do you add a new person to an existing email distribution group?

I will save my cursing of Xfinity for another time.

Expert

Re: add person to an existing group

Assuming you are in the new email format, drag and drop the contact to the group folder from the contacts list.

New Poster

The suggestion you made does work.

Now onto the next complaint about this new lower quality email software.  I can not select text in a message I am crafting, either from my own text or the received email.  I have to select all, copy it, and then paste it in Word.  From there I can select a line or link.

I try clicking on a link in an email, either the original or when I am forwarding or replying to it, and I get nothing.  No action suggesting that it is a link.  It works when I use the address, but I have to work around this terrible xfinity program.

A third thing is the slowness of this system.  I have newer and faster computer, but this low quality xfinithy system just gives me a spinning wheel when it should be done already.  

I question comcast's judegment if they call this an improvement.

Ed

Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  I cannot duplicate what you are describing.  I am using Chrome on a Mac.  Copy and paste works just fine for me.  As for the link, it will render correctly when your recipient gets it.  It's not supposed to be "live" when in the Compose page.