Community Forum

a weird problem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

a weird problem

I have a strange problem with my wirelesss network. I have one of the new gateways the one that looks like a small building not the one with the big lights that is horzintal. I had to change the gateway for a new one because wouldnt hook up to network. I now when i go in my room or sons room from living rooom where gateway is, to get signal that is reliable i have to either restart or at least cycle my devices wireless off and on once i leave living room. If i dont it is very unstable. even this doesnt work sometimes and i have to cycle gateway power. i never had this problem with old gateway. I dont think is normal to have to do this. what should i do to fix this?

Expert

Re: a weird problem

Try this: Log into the device and rename one of the networks. Either the 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz, whatever you choose. Connect as many devices to the 5Ghz connection as possible -- it's a less crowded frequency and offers better overall performance. 2.4GHz is slower, but it performs at a greater distance. So if your device(s) needs range, then leave them on the 2.4GHz network. 

I am not an employee.
Contributor

Re: a weird problem

ty i will try this