Community Forum

Zoom 5341J cable modem keeps disconnecting from Xfinity website

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Zoom 5341J cable modem keeps disconnecting from Xfinity website

Can anyone help figure out why my cable modem always shows "issue detected" on the xfinity status website? Services seem to be working okay except it has had significant disconnect times for the last week. I've done the troubleshoot and restart step from the website but still comes up the same. Thanks,

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Zoom 5341J cable modem keeps disconnecting from Xfinity website

We've seen many of the same posts here about that, and the posters say that they otherwise are not having any actual problems. This would make one think that it is nothing more than a glitch. Since you are having some problems, start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

New Poster

Here is my signal levels. It keeps cycling trying to connect.

Downstream: Power 1.4dBm, SNR 38.9dB

Upstream: Power 57.0dBm

I've also attached a screenshot.

My logs show continuous "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q... "

Thanks!

connection.png
Expert

@lex_utliizer,

Either you have some wiring issues or your modem has gone bad. If you've gone through the troubleshooting guide and everything looks fine to you, it's probably time for a tech visit.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Diamond Problem Solver

The upstream power is too high / out of spec That can cause random disconnects, spontaneous re-booting of the modem, and speed and latency problems.

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

Official Employee

Hi lex_utliizer, I would like to review this on my side and schedule a tech accordingly.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name and phone number.

Thank you 

Contributor

you mentioned, that his upstream was too high/out of spec, can you offer what the acceptable specs are for up/down, etc?

Diamond Problem Solver

N.M. 

Contributor

Seeing some inconsistent behavior, heres mine after a reboot about 24hrs ago

Channel listing.pngas of 08/07 14:52