Community Forum

Xfinitywifi is killing my wi-fi signal?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Xfinitywifi is killing my wi-fi signal?

I have xfinity with TV, I ntenet and phone and have the xfinity wireless gateway.

I recently purchased as smart TV and connected it to my Wi-Fi. The TV sees two very strong signals of xfiniftywifi (one is 2.4 one is 5Ghz) at 4 bars each. Then I see my Wi-Fi connections from the gateway, but these are each only 1 bar.

I can connect my TV to either one of the networks and it works for a short time, but then it disconnects becoause of poor signal.

I checked that botht xfinitywifi are always on the same channel as my wi-fi signals and they all dissapear if I turn off the gateway so clearly the xfinity wifi is coming from my box, but I don't see why xfinitywifi is a much stronger signal unless it is simply killing my regular home wifi.

I tried connecting my TV to xfinity wifi, but could not. On a phone I use the app, but how can I connect a TV.

I did try turning off xfininitywifi online, but I do not have the option to do so on the site.

I don't need to dissable xfiniftywifi, I just want my wifi signal to be just as strong as xfinitywifi.