Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity xFi not working with XB6

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity xFi not working with XB6

I recently upgraded to the gigabit internet plan and received an XB6 gateway. When I use xFi, it states that I need an equipment upgrade. XFi worked just fine with my old XB3 gateway. Any tips on getting the new gateway to work with xFi? The tech reset everything multiple times when it was installed but left without it working.
IMG_1466.PNG
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity xFi not working with XB6

Hi tbonsall, I can assist you with getting your xFi app working with your modem. Please click on this link to aid you in getting everything set up. If you need any additional assistance please feel free to reach back out to me here. 

New Poster

I've tried all of those steps and followed other troubleshooting guides and still cannot resolve the issue. I'm getting the same message in the app and on the website. Any other suggestion?
Official Employee

I can look further into this for you tbonsall, let's make sure your make and model of modem is compatible with the Xfi app. I can also send some signal to your modem to get it communicating the app if everything matches the Xfi guidelines. Can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and MAC address to your modem by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"? 

New Poster

So what ever happened with this. Nobody at comcast. Can seem to fix this.
Official Employee

Hi David02199, I would be happy to help get this resolved for you. I will reach out via private message to confirm some information.