Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity toolbar

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity toolbar

Comcast toolbar.   Tried to install new toolbar.   In safari it says no program to install.   Firefox does not support it.   Help

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Xfinity toolbar

I'm with WTP, don't use it, it's not necessary for anything.  Safari and Firefox both provide built in web search, you can bookmark the Comcast homepage, if you wish to use it, but realize that you are in no way required to ever go there.  OS X has a great built in email client in Mac Mail so you don't even have that reason to go to the website.

All Replies
Bronze Problem Solver

Avoid the Comcast toolbar like the plague it is.  It has been a source of computer problems since it was first rolled out several years ago.  Successive iterations have not improved it in the slightest.

Expert

I'm with WTP, don't use it, it's not necessary for anything.  Safari and Firefox both provide built in web search, you can bookmark the Comcast homepage, if you wish to use it, but realize that you are in no way required to ever go there.  OS X has a great built in email client in Mac Mail so you don't even have that reason to go to the website.

New Poster

Thank you, appreciate the help.   Will not install it

New Poster

Thank you, I just spent 45 mins. trying and now I can give up without regret.