Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity Toolbar

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Toolbar

I have tried to install the Xfinity toolbar for IE numerous times and each time it fails with the message "cannot start or run due to incompability with 64 bit versions of Windows. Please check with the software vendor to see if a 64 bit version is available."  I am running IE 11 under Windows 7.  I have searched support and these forums but can't find any articles or posts regarding this issue. Is there not a version for 64 bit Windows available?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Toolbar

Hi,

I just found this recent post from comcast user:      http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Web-Browsers/Web-pages-slow-to-load-or-don-t-load-at-all-with-Xfinity-T...

Regular Visitor

Thanks.  I just thought it might be easier to use the toolbar sometimes instead of the Xfininty home page plus they are always prompting you to download it.

Problem Solver

Your welcome be nice to your machine and don't do it.

Regular Visitor

Good advice I'm sure.  Don't want to sway my love/hate relationship with Comcast/Xfinity.

Contributor

I'm a bit late to the "party" so to speak, but I have had no problems with the Xfinity toolbar on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with IE11. It loads really fast, it's convenient, and I never get cut-off when viewing a live show or movie. I think it is well worth having it, but that's my opinion. IE11 has so many page load errors that has got nothing to do with the toolbar. So, I recommend using the toolbar.

LindaSView

Regular Visitor

That's great but it won't install on my machine which, I believe, was my original question.

Expert

All toolbars are evil. My $.02...

Contributor

Hi Anon 348144  :

Here's a link to some You tube videos on installing Xfinity on IE11. Also, when I did a search, there seems to be a conflict with the Norton Security Suite. Anyhow, if you'd like to try it, maybe one of these videos will help. Again, I personally like it and have had it since 2012. Even when I upgraded from IE9 to IE11, I didn't lose it. I know the majority feel toolbars are junk and in many ways, they are correct. However, I've never had a problem with the Xfinity toolbar and it is really handy if you can get it to instal. So, here's the link I found and I hope it helps. It's also located in my program files(x86), so I don't know why it's telling you, you need a 64 version for IE11. If worse comes to worse, you could use CHROME and they have an addon for the browser for the Xfinity toolbar. Good luck.

LindaSView

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+install+the+xfinity+toolbar+for+ie+11&qpvt=How+to+install...

Expert

EG wrote:

All toolbars are evil. My $.02...

+1

Fuhget about it...you're better off without it, IMHO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon