Community Forum

Xfinity Login Password Failing Repeatedly

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Gold Problem Solver
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Login Password Failing Repeatedly

This below was just posted by a Comcast Moderator from the Xfinity Team:

04-07-201212:43 PM

Thank you for your posts on this issue. I work directly on the Xfinity Connect Email platform. We have identified the root cause of the username/password login errors related your email account from smartphone/devices, and/or pop client applications. We expect to have the problem resolved with 1-2 hours.

Please retry re-authenticating with your devices around 3:00 pm EST. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you need to view your email prior to this time, please login via web through: http://xfinity.comcast.net/ using your newest username/password.  

Best Regards,  Xfinity Connect Team

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Problem Solver

If you've lost, forgotten or want to change your password:

1. Visit the Forgot Password page and enter your email address or Comcast ID.
  2. Enter the security code in the box. Please note: The code in the box has been distorted on purpose so that it can’t be read by automated scripts. Find out more about the security code. < page can't be found ?
  3. Click the Next button.
  4. Answer your secret question (that you created during account set up) and enter your zip code.
  5. Click the Next button.
  6. Create your new password and click Finish                                                                                                   Just wondering if this is webpage most are using . This seems to be the newest page for reseting password .
New Poster

I just had to change my password as well.  Any new news from Comcast? I hope they didn't expose our passwords again.

Frequent Visitor

this scenario appears to be larger than a password cracking program

Regular Visitor

This happened to me today as well.  And I've also had to do the password reset twice before - once on March 23 and then again on March 27.  I called Comcast support today and was told that they have been receiving more calls about this issue recently.  I didn't get any other advice other than to do regular virus scans, create a strong password, and change my security question.  I've done all that, so let's see how long it takes before this happens again. 

Problem Solver

I would send a PM to one of the moderators/comcast administrators  in "who's online" > view all   ,  lower right of page .

Frequent Visitor

I run them every day.

Problem Solver

Have you run your security software to check for keylogger programs ect ? 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I understand why they upgraded their security, but I changed my password to include upper and lower characters, numbers, and a special character and I still keep having to reset it even after that (

Problem Solver

Its a Security issue ......... there are computer programs which can find easy passwords thereby hacking into accounts the more secure the password the longer it takes .

I would ask one of the "comcast folks here in red" to look further into your issue by sending them Pm private message .

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Login Password Failing Repeatedly

I have been having issues lately with my Xfinity password not working all of a sudden.  I have called Comcast Support and they checked possible setting issues on my computer and then had to reset my password 2 different times on 3/24, 3/27 and I just reset it myself today 4/6.  One thing they did tell me was that they had upgraded their login security and my original password was only lowercase letters and numbers so I had to change it to include upper case characters.  Why is this happening?  I have been a Comcast customer for at least 10 years and NEVER had this happen before.