Community Forum

Xfinity Intermittent Connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Intermittent Connection

Thanks for the update @ScreenFamily!! Let us know if there's anything we can help with in the future. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Update:
Tech came out today, 6/19, and recognized many many problems left behind by other techs or that they didn't notice. Fanatasic performance by this tech, should get a raise for the work he did, even traveled 30-40 mins out to my house, A+ from me for that dedication. Turns out there was a "trap" installed on my line and the tech said it throttles my connection, he removed it and fixed up old wires that were degraded, also recommended to use Motorola or Linksys instead of NetGear. Will update this forum if any other issue persists, otherwise, the issue has been solved for now.

Official Employee

Hi @ScreenFamily, 

Sorry for the delay I'm off on Friday and Saturday. I've just picked up your private message and will be replying shortly. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I sent a message to @ComcastChe for help.
Should I ask for another tech to come out?
What are the possibilities for the cause of this?

Official Employee

Hi @ScreenFamily, 

Sorry for the delayed reply. I can help look further into your issues to see if I can isolate the cause of your problems. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Frequent Visitor

I don't want to be rude, but how long does it usually take for an employee to respond?

Expert

@ScreenFamily wrote:

No employee has messaged me or posted a reply. What should I do?

Oh boy, completely my fault. I didn't escalate it properly. I'm sorry. 

I did escalate it properly this time. You should get a reply soon. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

No employee has messaged me or posted a reply. What should I do?

Expert

Hi @ScreenFamily

Your signal levels are not ideal. Since you've already had techs out...

I've asked a corporate Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

See the troubleshooting guide if you would like to do some investigating on your own. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Intermittent Connection

I have been having connection issues ever since I've gotten Comcast (3 Years). I've replaced the modem/router 3 times to no avail. I've had multiple techs come out and never been able to diagnose anything, wondering if any of them even had prior training as all they did was walk around and see the internet was on for a solid 5 seconds and called it working and left. It's irratating to have to pay for a service I can't even use. 
Here are screenshots of my modem's connection, I know things need to be fixed as it is clearly visible, but the techs can never figure it out.

Modem/Router : Netgear C7000v2 WiFi Cable Modem Router Bundle

F6zS1Dq2aQMgkd

If anyone can give me some guidance on what to tell the techs to do, that'd be wonderful.