Community Forum

Xfinity/Comcast continuous and repetitive failure to send email with more than 5 addresses

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity/Comcast continuous and repetitive failure to send email with more than 5 addresses

I've contacted Xfinity / Comcast a dozen times on this.  I've Chatted or talked on the phone one-on-one to 2nd Level Techs and 2nd Level Tech Supervisors, repeatedly, with no help.  I've talked with "3rd Tier Engineers", repeatedly, with no success and no help.  The only thing the 3rd Level Techs say is that they have heard about this only one other time, but had no fix for it.  They suggested I check for "spaces" in the BCC addresses.  But, I did that and their were no errors of any kind on any of my Address Book entries.  Besides, on very rare occasions I have been able to send all 66 of my BCC's successfuly, so that seems like proof to me that the addresses are and were correct.  Since my main use for BCC is to serve my airplane club, Comcast is of no use to me if I can't use BCC.

These public forums are no help for this particular problem.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity/Comcast continuous and repetitive failure to send email with more than 5 addresses

(Trying to transmit for 2nd time.  Xfinity froze again.  Happens about every 30 minutes, all the time, every day.)

No, I tried sending the emails individually, and they all transmitted fine.  But once I bundle, say, 5 or more and send those same ones, it is not transmitted.  Says it's an error.  Sometimes it will transmit 6, or 7, or 8, but never more than that.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Stan

Expert

That error usually means something is wrong with the domain of one of the recipient's addresses.  Try sending the message to each one individually and see if one of them generates a bounce.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity/Comcast continuous and repetitive failure to send email with more than 5 addresses

For two months now, I can't send more than 5 BCC's of an email via Xfinity.  I repeatedly get "Message could not be sent.  Error message from mail server: 452-452 4,1,1".

Time of day doesn't matter, it just won't send.  Day of week doesn't matter, it just won't send more than 5 Blind Carbon Copies. Obviously NOT a temporary problem.  Everything else on my Dell XPS 8900 with Win 7 and IE 11 works great; it's just Xfinity/Comcast that doesn't function.  Any ideas?