Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfi app won't work on S5 and how do I access it on my computer?

New Poster

Xfi app won't work on S5 and how do I access it on my computer?

I downloaded the Xfinity xFi app twice now and it still gives me the Upgrad Now message. When I choose that, it doesn't respond and then I end up pressing the back button (on phone) to try to get it to do something. I just says checking connection or checking for devices. I restarted my phone a few different times.

Also, I can't figure out how to access xFi on my computer. It also acts like I didn't upgrade yet:

Upgrade for This Experience

To access xFi, you'll need to upgrade your service/equipment. Learn more about eligibility requirements.

I was able to access it on the day I set up the new modem/router, I changed the name and password on it. But now I can't seem to access it.

Thanks

Upgrade Now          

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Xfi app won't work on S5 and how do I access it on my computer?

Hi Cindy24, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the mobile app. I checked your account and you do have an xFi Gateway, it sounds like there may have just been a delay in getting the cloud enabled. Please try completely signing out of and closing down the app on your mobile device and then re-entering the application. 

To access the xFi Website you can follow this link: www.xfinity.com/myxFi. Your login information will be your Xfinity username and password. 

Let me know if you experience any issues with the xFi website.

All Replies
Expert

Cindy24 wrote:

I downloaded the Xfinity xFi app twice now and it still gives me the Upgrad Now message. When I choose that, it doesn't respond and then I end up pressing the back button (on phone) to try to get it to do something. I just says checking connection or checking for devices. I restarted my phone a few different times.

Also, I can't figure out how to access xFi on my computer. It also acts like I didn't upgrade yet:

Upgrade for This Experience

To access xFi, you'll need to upgrade your service/equipment. Learn more about eligibility requirements.

I was able to access it on the day I set up the new modem/router, I changed the name and password on it. But now I can't seem to access it.

Thanks

Upgrade Now          

See if you can go to this web page to manage your gateway's passwords.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/view-change-wifi-password/

Official Employee

Hi Cindy24, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the mobile app. I checked your account and you do have an xFi Gateway, it sounds like there may have just been a delay in getting the cloud enabled. Please try completely signing out of and closing down the app on your mobile device and then re-entering the application. 

To access the xFi Website you can follow this link: www.xfinity.com/myxFi. Your login information will be your Xfinity username and password. 

Let me know if you experience any issues with the xFi website.