Community Forum

Xfi Pods

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Xfi Pods

I have recently upgraded to the nex XFi router as well as the XFi Pods.

I'm wondering if there are more software tools other than the iPhone App (Xfi)?  I would like to know when a device logs on to the new mesh network-- which pod is it using.  Also, whether the device is using the 5Ghz or the 2.4Ghz stream?  It would be nice to have more tools at our disposal.

Official Employee

Re: Xfi Pods

Hi esophoria –

Thanks for reaching out.  You can personalize & control your home WiFi network using the Xfinity xFi mobile app or online at xfinity.com/myxFi.  Both will allow you to view all of the connected devices in your home.  You can also see which devices are connected to a Pod by navigating to Network > selecting a Pod.

You can also set up to receive notifications when new devices join your network.  The following support article details how to set these up – https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-notification-center

You can view how your devices are connecting (to a Pod or to the Gateway as well as which band - 2.4 or 5) by selecting Device Details anywhere in xFi that you can view a device. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Starting yesterday 2 of my 3 pods have decided to only allow IPv6. No IPv4 addresses are reachable including the gateway web interface, my solar controler, my printer etc.. All my pods and gateway were going a bit haywire yesterday and I noticed issues last night and just now discovered the IPv6 only issue. My other pod has remained unaffected as well as the gateway and my other access point that is in bridge mode also still works like a champ. So far I have; reset all the pods and the gateway, removed all the pods  (including the working one) and set them up again (when you do this you have to allow the automagic app to time out and manually put in the serial number for each pod which takes quite some time). Initally 1 of the 2 pods that was acting up was mostly just really slow but after all the fiddiling they are both IPv6 only. I also switched locations with the two and swapped them thinking one of the other was bad.  Still no joy so I reaced out to support who removed them from my account and then I reset and configured them again. That makes it easier as you can then use the auto-detection in the app again. Still no joy. Both of the affected pods still only allow pure IPv6 services. I can get to; Amazon, Google, Facebook, Instagram, some IPv6 test and advocacy sites, but nothing that is IPv4 only and several that should work but don't probably due to detection and redirects that can't work with no IPv4. Can't get to Netflix probably because I bet they are set to IPv4 only on the cache servers?

I can only guess this is some odd software/firmware update issue or maybe these pods just went bad, again. It's already me 2nd set. First early on set two of them acted up and died a couple weeks after install. 

I love the pods but I really don't have too many coverage issues with just my 2 access points so it will be interesting to see what the "engineers' come up with. If they don't figure it out or get back with me I will just send these back and try another set. I mostly wanted these for the Ethernet port after I learned they won't increase your speed (actually decrease it) but just make your signal better.

Official Employee

Mr_Kludge -- I'll dig into this for you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I appreciate that. I thought I had it sorted out except for one pod and now the one in the same spot as before but a different pod is having the exact same issue. I moved it around to no avail. Weirdest thing I have ever ran into. It could be placement and signal related but why would it affect ipv4 and not v6? Recently they took away the indication on the apps and online that told you the signal level. Now they are just online or offline. I want more information not less. Happens that pod location and every pod I have had there has always showed the best and excellent signal. But now I can't tell. Will be interesting to see what the resolution is. I suspect that this all started when the signal level reporting stopped. I remember having brief periods of time where things would drop off and come back. I bet it was my laptop switching to a better pod. But now it is much worse to the point I can't even use the xfi Network in certain parts of my house. Thank heavens I still have another solution. bb
Regular Contributor

Well no one ever followed up on my ticket and I got sick of waiting and having a Wi-Fi network I can’t use. I called Friday opened a return/replacement ticket and sent them back through the ups store. I was assured that my pods would be removed from my account and my gateway returned to normal since it takes 2-6 weeks to get pods replaced. This also never happened so I removed them myself. My gateway is now stuck in mesh mode and locked down. I have factory reset it several times and spent all of last evening and late into the night working with tech support. They are now sending me a new gateway which I don’t think is nessissary and I know it will just get put in mesh mode also. I need to find someone there that can do the work promised to me Friday.  Very disappointing. I was able to at least get the channels out of locked manual mode and into auto but it’s choosing channels that have conflicts. I did this by using the restore Wi-Fi settings to factory and then using the wizard to get my Wi-Fi ssid and password back. Once you do this it changes from manual set channels to automatic. I’ve verified the channels it uses are correct with a Wi-Fi Analyzer. Odd thing is it chooses pretty wisely initially and then switches to bad ones later after boot. 

Regular Contributor

Forgot to mention that in addition to no follow up the tier 3 person I initially worked with opened the ticket wrong for the wrong thing and provided no details which is typical. Even if they ever do call me back I doubt I will get someone that can figure the odd issue with pods out or my current dilemma with mesh mode.