Community Forum

Xbox one teredo tunneling on Comcast router

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xbox one teredo tunneling on Comcast router

Having an issue on my Xbox one and I get an error code for teredo ip not available. Can seem to figure out how to enable teredo tunneling on my xfinity router settings. I already tried all the port fowarding options and still no resolution to the problem. 

Expert

Re: Xbox one teredo tunneling on Comcast router

This is really a NAT issue. Try putting your XB1 in the DMZ. 

I am not an employee.
Expert

DMZ sounds like the best idea, but I also have a couple of settings in mind for troubleshooting:

1. Turn down your gateway firewall to Low for IPv4, and Custom for IPv6 (all disabled except IDENT). 
  2. Enable UPnP in the gateway if you turned it off, and turn off all custom port forward settings.

Restart the gateway. 

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

OP. Here is an article about the potential security risks associated with using the UPnP feature;

https://www.howtogeek.com/122487/htg-explains-is-upnp-a-security-risk/

An article about using the DMZ feature as well;

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2164183/dmz-safe.html

YMMV.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!