Community Forum

XFi Application Not Working - Again

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

XFi Application Not Working - Again

I'm on my third modem now from Comcast.  What a disaster this has been...

These new modems are a disaster.  The wi-fi signal in my home is now much lower than it was before on my old modem.  This was verified by a Comcast technician that was dispatched to my home.  He stated "...yeh, we have a lot of trouble with these new modems and the signal strength is just not what it should be...".

I'm sitting on my desktop computer 5 ft from the modem and my phone still cannot connect to the XFi application.  My signal strength is -50 dBm as measured by two seperate applications on my phone - still can't connect to the XFi application.  It comes back with "Settings Currently Unavailable".

Okay, I know what, I'll use my wired desktop via a web browser.  Well, the web browser shows the exact same thing - ON A WIRED CONNECTION directly to the port on the modem.

Initially this application worked (a few weeks ago) but now it seems to be unable to locate the settings; wireless or wired.  What good is the application if you can't access the settings?  It's been going on for two weeks now, so update should have been applied, as needed.

Any thoughts?