Community Forum

XB6 compatibility? Some Comcast individuals claim that it would not work with Blast Pro?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: XB6 compatibility? Some Comcast individuals claim that it would not work with Blast Pro?

@ wrote:

Try here. And it's a private one on one;

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcastdirect

You have to join if you aren't a member.

Thanks, I might - but still weird if they would not pay attention to their own forum at least as much as to an external site.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XB6 compatibility? Some Comcast individuals claim that it would not work with Blast Pro?

Try here. And it's a private one on one;

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcastdirect

You have to join if you aren't a member.

New Poster

@ wrote:

Sorry if it does but bear in mind this is MAINLY a customer to customer type of help forum. Good luck with it ! 

Do you know another forum then where Comcast employees hang out and respond to questions publicly?

My experience with the regular hotline/chat support was abysmal so far. Half-baked, inaccurate, scripted responses... so I do hope that they care about their own forum.

Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry if it does but bear in mind this is MAINLY a customer to customer type of help forum. Good luck with it ! 

Tags (1)
New Poster

@ wrote:

Don't ask me, ask them. As stated, I only offered my comment as being a possibility. It wasn't meant as being gospel. Smiley Happy

I am asking "them", that is why I publically posted here, so we all can benefit from a response. You tried to help and provide your take on it, which is great in general... now I hope that your response does not discourage "them" to respond. Smiley Happy 

Diamond Problem Solver

Don't ask me, ask them. As stated, I only offered my comment as being a possibility. It wasn't meant as being gospel. Smiley Happy

New Poster

So they can "choose" to not support a specific tier by not providing a configuration file... but would that make sense? Usually companies prepare an area that will receive a rollout before switching over with hardware that can support both old and new standard if it is technology-wise-feasible. I have gone through plenty of upgrades over the many years in the DSL and in the cable world.

Diamond Problem Solver

I can not speak authoritatively as I am not a CC employee, but putting hardware, standards, and address aside, it would depend on whether or not Comcast has a speed configuration file for the Blast / 200 speedtier written for the XB6 device.

New Poster

XB6 compatibility? Some Comcast individuals claim that it would not work with Blast Pro?

Hello there,

I am a bit dumbfunded by the various Xfinity/Comcast support staff.

To finally get rid of the utopia.net issue and other instabilities, a chat agent committed to replace my XB3 modem with a XB6 modem.

Now, in a reversal, someone else at Comcast is blocking this as my address would not be eligible for this device, it would only be available for 400Mbps / 1GB speeds.

Now, while it might be the normal policy to use the new modem on the new speeds - it would surprise me a lot, if the XB6 would NOT work on a line with the Blast Pro 200 tier? 

Newer modems typically can fall back to the older standards... and hardware rollouts are usually done before switching over the line to a new standard.

Can anyone confirm that the XB6 would work on a line that has not been upgraded to 400Mbps/1GB yet?

Kind regards,