Community Forum

Word processing program / software

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Word processing program / software

why doesn't email word processing capitalize the first word in a sentence?  or the letter i.

i see this happens in other instances outside of composing or replying to an email.  it is happening now as i type this question.

please upgrade the software !!!!!!

please let me know if the program will be upgraded.

i look forward to hearing from you.

thank you.

Expert

Re: Word processing program / software

I don't know of any email or forum software that does what you are describing.  Yahoo and Gmail don't do it, and neither does Outlook.com.  The only place I can think of that does this is my iPhone.  I assume Android models do too, but I'm not sure.  I've dealt with Lithium forum software, as well as phpBB and vBulletin, and none of them do this.  AFAIK Comcast has no plans to implement it either.  I don't know if the Appsuite software is even capable of it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Ok, then is there a free word processing program available that I can download and use inside of Comcast email that will capitalize words and the letter I automatically?
Thanks for replying.
Expert

Not that I know of.  Keep in mind that a word processing program is not the same as an email program.  There is no guarantee that text you type in one will render correctly in the other.  You could try using whatever word processor you have now to copy and paste into an email and see if it works.  I use a browser add-on called Grammarly,  It's kind of a spell checker on steroids that will detect if you need to capitalize things depending on what you have written.  You might want to check it out.  It's available for all of the major browsers, and it works pretty much anywhere you type anything like here in this forum, the Comcast email and so on-----------------

https://www.grammarly.com/ 

It's not quite what you are looking for in that it doesn't automatically capitalize for you.  You still have to manually do that when it prompts you.  But you might like it all the same.  As an aside, in Google Docs-------it will capitalize the beginning of a sentence, but will not do so for the possessive pronoun "I" unless it's at the start of a sentence.  There is really no consistency from one app or program to another.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!