Community Forum

Will bridge mode interfere with modems wifi?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Will bridge mode interfere with modems wifi?

@JohnG4 wrote:

Just to make sure but i am pretty sure its not able to Clone MAC address's 

Correct.

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Expert

If you bridge the modem, you will be turning off the routing/wifi capabilities of the gateway. Your new router will then handle wifi. You can set your wireless network to have the same name/password as your current Comcast device so devices that currently use those credentials don't need to be reset. It's pretty basic stuff and should only take a few minutes to set up. The router is the heart of your network, so buy the best one that fits your budget. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Regular Visitor

also this is my modem 

Model:TG1682G
Vendor:ARRIS Group, Inc. 

Just to make sure but i am pretty sure its not able to Clone MAC address's 
Regular Visitor

Will bridge mode interfere with modems wifi?

Wanting to use a different router with MAC cloning and would need to use the bridge mode yet would this interfere with everyone using wifi connected to the CC modem? Would i have to set up the second router for wifi to be used off of it and how difficult would that be. Also do i need to worry about any specs with the second router i would use for speed wise considering i get 300MB down and 15MD up hardwired and good connection on wifi aswell?