Community Forum

Wifi keep disconnecting only on one computer and I get a reset router message when I run diagnostics

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Wifi keep disconnecting only on one computer and I get a reset router message when I run diagnostics

My computer at home loses the signal and when I run the Windows diagnostics, it resets the network adapter, then says to reboot the router. The thing is, at the time this happens, all the other devices in my home are still connected and receiving wifi signals. A few months ago I installed a TP-Link AC750 Wifi Range Extender and that improved things a lot until now.Why am I having this problem only on one computer/phone/tablet? And what can I do about it? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Wifi keep disconnecting only on one computer and I get a reset router message when I run diagnos

Why are you running diagnostics on your computer?  If the other devices aren't having an issue then I would move towards replacing the WIFI card or try rolling back the drivers to an earlier version.  I had an issue with some of the newer drivers posted in late 2017 on an Intel card that would periodically cause the adapter to drop the WIFI signal and wouldn't reconnect w/o disabling and enabling the connection. Rolled back to I want to say 1/2017 version and the issue went away.