Community Forum

Wifi interference

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Wifi interference

Thanks.  I have tried all the standard things.  The signal at all locations is -45 dBm and the signal quality is excellent (WiFinfoView).  (Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is signal quality does not take into account S/N).  Even when I am right next to the router I have this issue.

I should point out I am using my old workhorse computer (Lenovo T410).  It has a 11/b/g/n wireless LAN mini-PCI express adaptor II.  Software is current.  My wife gets much better reception with her brand-new Dell (computers side-by-side) and is urging me to get a new computer.  Seems like an extravagant solution to me.

Diamond Problem Solver
New Poster

Wifi interference

We live in a very congested area and wifi interference is affecting our connectivity to the internet.  There are no problems with Xfinity service.  We have an Arris TG862 modem and a Linksys wireless router, both rented from Xfinity.  Moving the router does not help, it just changes the mix of interfering signals.  We were wondering if a stronger signal from the router would help.Does Xfinity provide routers with greater range and would this at least improve our reception?  Alternatively, would a Comcast-compatible router from another source be a better way to go?  We would be grateful for any input. 

Thanks.