Community Forum

Wifi continually dropping....super slow download and upload speeds....can't get agent on phone.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Wifi continually dropping....super slow download and upload speeds....can't get agent on phone.

Good morning,

I have been with Comcast off and on for over 15 years. I am now looking for another internet provider. I transferred service to our new address in December. Besides the nightmarr weeks it took to get service set up, we now can't watch a single Netflix movie without the internet connection constantly going out. It took almost a week to actually get a texh agent on the phone because every time it said it was connecting me to an agent, I got hung up on. 7 hours of trying yesterday alone!!!! The agent said it is not the first time she is hearing about this and they are 'having an issue with their tools." What???? I pay for the fastest service and they take my $ but Im getting download sppeds of 1.2 MBSP and upload speeds of 429.9 KBPS one minute then 14 MBSP and 1.2 KBSP soon after. PS4 keeps saying "your internet service cannot support game streaming right now" for a game of Galaga??? Tjey said a technician needs to come out but they cannot schedule me until next Saturday...a week from today!!! Oh, and they gave me a whopping $21 credit for the inconvenience! I have to go to Naples (over an hour away) where I teach on the weekends and late at night to be able to use the internet for my job because the internet service I pay for doesn't work. Neightbors, co-workers and many people on the xfinity forums are saying similar things and still no improvement. Comcast used to be the best and now I am done!!!!
Expert

Re: Wifi continually dropping....super slow download and upload speeds....can't get agent on phone.

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Re: Wifi continually dropping....super slow download and upload speeds....can't get agent on phone.

Arris Motorola Surfboard SBG6580-G228. Comcast had me switch devices last year. I have several screenshots. Just today the connection has stopped 22 times so far. I have screenshots of PS4 and Neyflix messages, too. One test hot as high as 71 MG then disonnected and went down to 3.1 within 5 minutes. Almost a whole week of this now. Couldnt getonline through my phone to read email earlier.
Screenshot_20180713-220936_Chrome.jpg
New Poster

A few minutes later after another disconnect.
Screenshot_20180713-205636_Chrome.jpg
New Poster

PS4 message
New Poster

I just reset everything yhen retested. Here is what I got this time.
Screenshot_20180714-144140_Chrome.jpg
New Poster

July 14, 2018 at 2:52 pm.
15315944385305487972790654063579.jpg
New Poster

Just a customer myself, but PlayStation throttle internet service through the console. When checking speeds, don't rely on the console network test.

http://speedtest.xfinity.com