Community Forum

WiFi still on in bridge mode

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

WiFi still on in bridge mode

My DCT3416 modem is in bridge mode but still sends out a 2.4GHZ WiFi signal. I have reset the router and that solved the problem temporarily but eventually it turned back on. Does anyone have ideas on how to solved this problem?

Regular Contributor

Re: WiFi still on in bridge mode

When you put these in bridge mode you can still login via http://192.168.100.1 and disable the wifi.  Just bridging in most cases doesn't automatically disable the wifi.

Contributor

Can you please give more details? The public WiFi is off. But for some reason 2.4 is on. 

Regular Contributor

You just need to login and shut off the 2.4 network.  It's possible you might end up doing a hard reset with the reset button for 30 seconds, login, diable all wifi, and then put it back into bridge mode.  

Contributor

This is great advice and worked well. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Glad it worked out for you!

Expert

dwrexv1307 wrote:

Can you please give more details?  

Have you followed this ?;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hide-disable-in-home-wifi

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

My original post was closed regarding WIFI lights on in bridge mode....The purpose of this reply is to suggest that if you use Bridge Mode then purchase your own modem …..until recently if you had CDV ( Phone ) you were SOL and stuck renting a gateway with firmware issues. I tired for months to resolve the blinking lights and exchanging Cisco for Arris and finally order a Arris TM822r on amazon for $118 and a 4 year square deal warranty for $2. Life IS GOOD AGAIN NO ********** and router connects as it should without ***********. @ $ 9 a month rental I'll see a payback in a year and no more sorry excuses when calling CS.
Expert

Marked "answered", dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!