Community Forum

WiFi on Modem/Router restarts on its own

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

WiFi on Modem/Router restarts on its own

I recently added Amazon Echo and some smart home devices to my home. Each time, after I add a new device, the WiFi on my xfinity modem/router restarts on its own. The rest of the modem connections are fine. The built-in network hub doesn’t lose connection to internet. The home phone doesn’t lose connection. Only the WiFi resets. Once the new smart home device is set up and the WiFi comes back on, the WiFi will remain on, until I add another device.

Any ideas on why this is happening?
Expert

Re: WiFi on Modem/Router restarts on its own

@Bmish wrote:
I recently added Amazon Echo and some smart home devices to my home. Each time, after I add a new device, the WiFi on my xfinity modem/router restarts on its own. The rest of the modem connections are fine. The built-in network hub doesn’t lose connection to internet. The home phone doesn’t lose connection. Only the WiFi resets. Once the new smart home device is set up and the WiFi comes back on, the WiFi will remain on, until I add another device.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

If the new additions are working, the router most likely had to reset after each new device was added to install the new information. No problems? Don't worry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Hmmm... Never heard of a router or a gateway device behaving that way normally..

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

And this doesn’t happen when I connect phone, tablet, or televisions to the router. Only happens with the smart home devices and echo.
New Poster

I’m having the exact same issue ! I can add any device like a tablet , iPad , laptop but as soon as I try to add my firestick or any firestick it always loses connection and then it will restart EVERY SINGLE TIME and it’s only with Amazon Firesticks or Amazon Fire tv . Can someone please help ? It drives me crazy having to wait for the gateway to cycle